Saturday, November 30, 2013

Green Beans w/flava!

How silly is it that I am posting a recipe for green beans?! I know... I thought so too! But you haven't eaten the green beans I have over the past few days... How do people NOT know how to season green beans properly!? 

So with that, I give you my tips for great green beans!

Green Beans w/flava

Ingredients
2 cans of green beans (I prefer Italian cut, but regular cut will do!)
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 chopped onion
2-3 slices of bacon
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste

*I prefer using a real onion chopped as the onion flavor is stronger -- but I've taken a shortcut and used frozen chopped onion (which are awesome for quick cooking) You still get good onion flavor either way!

Directions
Open cans of green beans and drain majority of juice out
Slice bacon into smaller pieces
Put all ingredients and green beans into pan and cook on medium for around 30 min 

*You can also throw these same ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for a few hours. I'd do this if I was serving a larger meal for Thanksgiving, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment