Monday, March 24, 2014

Easy BBQ Chicken

So, it was my turn to cook last night. My hubby is so considerate and handles most of the cooking during the week, so it's only fair that I contribute on the weekend.

Chicken breast was all we had in the freezer. I'm about "chickened-out" so I didn't want to make the same ol' same ol'. I started hunting on Pinterest for a marinade or something that could jazz up the same ol' boring chicken breast. When I couldn't find anything, the hubs chimed in and said, "Hey, why don't you just make BBQ chicken!?"

Now - I do confess that anytime I make BBQ chicken (I wish my fingers would stop trying to type BBW chicken!) LOL! Anywho, I always just through a bottle of store bought BBQ sauce on some chicken and let it ride. This time, though, I wasn't satisfied with doing that. I wanted to make it my own... make it better...

I didn't do much but it was enough to make some yummy delicious BBQ chicken!


BBQ Chicken

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can of soda (I used ginger ale)
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (I used store-brand Honey BBQ)
1 cup brown sugar
Juice of 1 large orange
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 375

Season chicken breast (I used salt, pepper & a salt-free Ms. Dash seasoning)
Place chicken in glass baking dish lightly coated in non-stick spray
Pour can of soda into dish surrounding chicken
Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour 

For the sauce, add 1 bottle of BBQ sauce to sauce pan over low heat
Add 1 cup of brown sugar and juice of 1 large orange
Whisk until combined

After chicken has cooked in soda for 1 hour, remove from oven and drain off majority of soda
Cover chicken with BBQ sauce from pan and recover with foil
Bake for an additional 45-55 minutes

Chicken was moist, tender, sweet and delicious! The hubby approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment