Thursday, December 19, 2013

Mexican Chicken Casserole

Tomorrow, my work team is having a holiday potluck. I was put in charge of coordinating - so we are having an 'Ugly Sweater Soiree' and a holiday brunch. It should be fun!

Typically, for brunch themes, I make breakfast items. I LOVE breakfast! I could eat it anytime. Unfortunately, when the sign-up sheet began to fill up, it was turning into a breakfast more than a 'brunch'. SO, this casserole should do the trick! Something new and different, but I think it'll be delicious!

Mexican Chicken Casserole

Ingredients
1 lb. boneless chicken cut into bite-size pieces
1-2 cups of cooked corn (I use frozen)
1 jar Thick-n-Chunky Salsa (I use Old El Paso)
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup of water
1 can black beans rinsed
1 can Rotel tomatoes drained
Whole wheat tortillas
Mexican style cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 375
Spray skillet with non-stick spray
Put chicken, water & taco seasoning into skillet on medium heat
Once chicken has cooked through, add salsa. Stir to combine. Then stir in beans, corn & tomatoes
Once cooked through, remove from heat

Spread 1/3 of chicken mixture on bottom of 8-in square baking dish. Cover with 1 tortilla, then half of remaining chicken mixture, then shredded cheese. Repeat.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 5 min or until melted

Did I mention how much I love easy recipes!? This just might get added to the weekly meal list!

No comments:

Post a Comment